Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Don't fret, the Cantankerous Camel Lives and Breathes

Ok, before the Punctilious Penguin entirely subverts this blog into one big look-a-like festival I thought I’d put up a post or two just to show you all that I’m still live and kicking.

So, I know I haven’t posted in a while and the truth is I really couldn’t think of anything I wanted to write about. Now, I know there’s a whole bunch of things that have been going on in world affairs to get my teeth into recently, bombs in Sinai, Mrs Blair spending lots of money on getting her hair cut, Ahmadinejad ribbitting on about Jews going back to Europe, riots in Nepal, Hu Jintao visiting America, Everton failing to score for the fourth straight match in a row and so on. It’s just I didn’t think any of these things really departed enough from the norm, from what we all are used to and expect, to warrant writing about. Callous as this may sound, who is surprised when a bomb blows up in a holiday resort in Sinai, aren’t we all a bit bored of Ahmadinejad’s continual anti-Semitic and genocidal rants? I say this with utter respect to the victims, but I even exclude the suicide bombing in Tel Aviv last week from matters worth blogging about, since who is surprised by Palestinian terrorists killing Israeli civilians? You can read about this stuff in the newspapers, there’s no need for me to add my two ha'p'orth? (There is one issue in that bombing that is worth mentioning, i.e. that the Palestinian Authority defended the attack calling it an act of self-defence. This is a first for the Palestinian Authority which, complicit as it may have been in terrorism in the past, never publicly defended terrorist attacks.) Anyway, I have now thought of a couple of things which I think are worthwhile mentioning so some new musings will shortly be appearing. Watch this space.

P.S. If there’s ever anything anyone feels I should mention then feel free to leave a comment somewhere on the blog and I’ll be alerted. Ditto the past few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

EverLife Flashlight
Free Web Counter
EverLife Flashlight
d